1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

WML is XML isnt it? Or is it a <huh>subset<huh> ?

Is the idea to use 1 XML data source and then provide alternative DTD's and Styles to the various devices that use your site ?

<if eq Yes>
    Are they mad ? Your average index page on a standard web browser may have 30k of text on it, and youre going to pump that down to your mobile just so it can ignore 90% of it. ???

<if eq No>
    Ok.. what so I create lots of XML versions of my web site ...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

It's an application of XML - not a subset. And of course WML includes a whole collection of implementation semantics that are way outside of XML.

The design of WML requires that lots of very specific behaviors be encoded as part of the data. Therefore, all WML-compliant agents would be required to process the data in the same manner. Given the design of WML, it is
    difficult to imagine creating a single content source intended for both your desktop browser and your handheld.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dynamic1:
    WML is XML isnt it? Or is it a <huh>subset<huh> ?

Is the idea to use 1 XML data source and then provide alternative DTD's and Styles to the various devices that use your site ?

<if eq Yes>
    Are they mad ? Your average index page on a standard web browser may have 30k of text on it, and youre going to pump that down to your mobile just so it can ignore 90% of it. ???

<if eq No>
    Ok.. what so I create lots of XML versions of my web site ...
    [/quote]

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo