1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Getting SMS text data to my website...

I'm a little clueless here. My boss asked me to investigate the following question -- we want to set something up so that people can text something to a number, and that data will get sent to our website. How would I even go about doing something like that? Do I need to sign up with a service that can accept the texts and then hit a page on our server with the data (so that we can then write it to our DB)? If so, any suggestions on services that would do that? Or is there some other way of doing this?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Rivka
    I'm a little clueless here. My boss asked me to investigate the following question -- we want to set something up so that people can text something to a number, and that data will get sent to our website. How would I even go about doing something like that? Do I need to sign up with a service that can accept the texts and then hit a page on our server with the data (so that we can then write it to our DB)? If so, any suggestions on services that would do that? Or is there some other way of doing this?
    Do you want to receive it in an email form or do you want that information posted on your web site?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo