1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need help to get started on WAP WML

Hi. I did look into WAP WML back in 2001 and as I remember at that time it's WML 1.1 and 1.2

I'm not sure what's the current spec now? I also remember it was starting about push techologies at that time but I guess it's no longer in use as we have SMS now?

I try to search from the internet about WML but it seems most of them are out of date like back in 2006.

Can someone tell me a little about the question I had above and also give me some good site that will have the latest info?

Thank you.
  3. Retired
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Not looked at the specs for a while, but I would imagine that WML has not progressed that much since the last time you looked at it. SMS and push technologies may have been enhanced as the market for low end devices is still exploding around the world.

That being said, the trend is moving towards smart devices and they handle a lot more than the basic WML. XHTML and HTML5 could be assumed quite reasonably to be accept languages for devices so it really depends on your target audience.

The stickies on the top of these boards point in a few instances to Dot.mobi, it is still a good resource: http://mtld.mobi

Hope that helps & good luck.

Cheers,
    Jamie

>_ skiFFie ? | Twitter

Let the might of your compassion arise to bring a quick end
    to the flowing stream of the blood and tears .....
    Please hear my anguished words of truth.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo