1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help with a WP7 app.

I have previously developed rather successfully in a WP7 environment, its been a while though so I may have some catching up to do (it may have all moved into WP8 already idk). But I had another idea for an app that I wanted to start working on but I just wanted some help to first wrap my head around what I would need and second, to see if its even possible.

Anyway the basic idea of what I want the program would be is a program to help people meet and interact with each other. If you have ever been to a "stoplight party" you would get where i got the inspiration from. Put pretty much a user would set something along the lines of "Location: McDonalds" "Light: Green" and this would put up the users name on a map over tops of the location with a stoplight picture set to green, green implying they would like to interact with people and be interacted with (in person mainly but maybe some over the phone interaction possible to implement). On the other hand the user could put "Location: Library" "Light: Red" And this would put them on the map with their name and a stoplight on red saying that they don't wish to be interacted with. These maps would be viewable by anyone with the app thus allowing people to find and interact with new people.

The only problem is everything I have ever done has been client side and I dont really know what I need to make a more networked program such as this. I would assume I would need a web server or something to handle the request for map information, or does WP7 have a service I could implement to help with this. Also I assume I could use the geo coordinate wpy service to work with the map location thing. Just I would really like some help just wrapping my mind around what I would need because right now I feel overwhelmed. Obviously I dont want you to write anything for me just a nice push in the right direction would be great

Also I used to visit a very proficient WP7 developers forum, I couldnt find it anymroe however.
  3. No Profile Picture

Hello,

Your project looks really inrereting. However, I am also new to WP7 development. Currently I am trying to develop an own app for WP7, (according to a sample program that you can find if you Google on: "ozeki-voip-sip-sdk/p_511") which will be a VoIP app. I am just testing it and goes well so far. You might find something useful for your project there. Good luck.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Hi guys, I am also new to WP7 development. Currently I am also trying to develop an own app for WP7.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo