1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How can a mobile app be overloaded?

Hi All,

I am not a mobile developer. I was just thinking about something today and I got a question related to regression testing a mobile app. I was not sure where to ask so I am posting it here.

I was thinking about what kind of things we perform in regression testing for mobile app. Say I have an app where I am reading some news/feed and then a chat functionality allows me to chat with other users about the news/feed. Do I need to test such an app for user overloading? Only one user will access the app at one time and all the requests will be handled by the server. So, does it makes sense to test, say, millions user for the web app? it does make sense to test the server for million users but for app do we need to test? If yes, then how does it affect the app? Wouldn't only one user be using the app? What kind of other factors can overload an app?

Sorry, if doesn't make sense but I hope someone can understand and explain.

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

how can a mobile app be overloaded

The usefulness of mobile devices has increased greatly in recent years allowing users to perform more tasks in a
    mobile context.
    Firstly, remove unwanted apps, itís the perfect time to organize your smartphone or tablet. One option is to create folders on your home screen and sort apps by actions with widgets. By eliminating clutter, itís easier to find and launch an app when you need it. And once organized, you may want to take a second before installing to weigh the pros and cons of its capabilities and your likelihood to use it regularly.
    Finally, there are actually some apps that can help you avoid app overload. For example, AppLuvr helps locate the best apps for you by tapping into recommendations and ratings from your Facebook friends based on apps they are already using.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo