1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Mobile Programming: A General Query

Hi.

I'm hoping someone is able to point me in the right direction, as I am completely lost. I come from a straight forward desktop application programming background, and used to working with various OOP, scripting and mark-up languages.

I've been trying to explore the realm of what I only know as 'Wireless Application Services', but have not the slightest clue where to begin. ie, I don't even know what its properly called and therefore can't productively do any research. With the risk of sounding like a complete ninny, let me say in laymans terms what im looking for:

Im trying to find more info on the sms services you see on a day to day basis. ie, 'sms this code to this number for more info at a cost of x' or 'sms this code to download this ringtone at a cost of x' or charging a fee (deducted from your topup or contract balance') for viewing a site, etc. I'd like to learn the languages involved, the server/client relations, relations to the network providers, how payment is processed, etc etc.

I know I sound completely rediculous, but ive actually been trying for several months to obtain info on these services and all I can find are companies who offer these services, but no info on how to learn about it.

Like I mentioned, I dont even know what the proper name for it is! If someone could point me in the right direction, would be appreciated.

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Banned

I am not pointing you.Can you explain briefly.?
  5. No Profile Picture

I believe the explanation is quite thorough. How would you like me to elaborate?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo