1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PHP android application

Dear all

i am a php web developer

i made a full php website with mysql database

and i want to make an appliation to run on android phones. i want to display all my website data (i already made android version for my website)

my problem is that i dont know how to connect to my website using an android application..

for example:facebook is made by PHP but it has an application that runs on android mobile

any idea
  3. No Profile Picture

Hi,

I would like to suggest this blog for your query: blog.sptechnolab.com/2011/02/10/android/android-connecting-to-mysql-using-php/

May be it is useful for you.
  5. No Profile Picture

phpforandroid.net.............. this website may help you to develop PHP android application.
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi sir,

Well, the sole thanks to do this is for you to code up and api internet service. which is able to come either XML or JSON. The your mobile application with build HTTP requests to same service and break down the response and do no matter it's that you simply need with it.

Best of luck
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Originally Posted by john_zakaria
    Dear all

i am a php web developer

i made a full php website with mysql database

and i want to make an appliation to run on android phones. i want to display all my website data (i already made android version for my website)

my problem is that i dont know how to connect to my website using an android application..

for example:facebook is made by PHP but it has an application that runs on android mobile

any idea
    there are two ways for this. one is You can show the webite in a simple android app containing a webview which has the url of your website you can navigate ur website as you have given navigation in ur website.it will behave same as your website on computer.and second way is to make an android app which will get data from your web services and display its own UI.
    Last edited by hiker; January 11th, 2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: removed fake sig
  11. No Profile Picture

Well, the only appreciation to do this is for you to rule up and api websites. which is able to come either XML or JSON. Your cellular program with develop HTTP demands to same assistance and crack down the reaction and do no issue it's that you basically need with it. . . . . .

<removed fake sig>
    Last edited by Scorpions4ever; February 19th, 2013 at 03:04 PM.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Yes,I agree with Brus.he said very right.there are two ways for this. one is You can show the webite in a simple android app containing a webview which has the url of your website you can navigate ur website as you have given navigation in ur website.it will behave same as your website on computer.and second way is to make an android app which will get data from your web services and display its own UI.
    Last edited by hiker; February 19th, 2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: removed fake sig
  15. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Hey John
    The official development platform executes Java codes, not sure how can you create Android apps with PHP. Search for some framework that lets you create apps with PHP.

You have mentioned about Facebook, sure the website is coded in PHP but their app is developed with HTML5. And I will suggest you to create you app using HTML5 too. HTML5 is the best that we have at the present time for building web apps.

All the best for your app.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo