February 14th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Join Date: Feb 2010
Time spent in forums: 6 m 57 sec
Reputation Power: 0
Originally Posted by royashoya
u must have really seen me suffering n askin all sorts of quizes about kannel in this forum.....
now i decided to write this tutorial just to help all the others like me but are afraid to ask.
if ur new n would like to get kannel running on Suse 10.0 then pliz try these. they r the steps i used n got kannel running.
1. cd to the dir that has the gateway after u have unzipped it
2. then type ./configure -enable assertions -with-malloc=native -enable-start-stop-daemon -enable-pam
2. this should go on very well
3. then type make
4. then type make bindir=/local/usr/bin install
5. this should succesfullly install the kannel.
to start the kannel boxes after installation,
6. cd /usr/local/bin and u shud be able to see all the sms, bearer, wap boxes...etc by typing ls -a
7. then u can copy the smskannel.conf script from the kannel installation folder in the test dir. paste it in /usr/local dir
before u start the boxes make sure ur localhost is running if not type rcapache2 start n this will start it
8. ./bearerbox /usr/local/smskannel.conf should succesfully start the bearerbox
then on a different terminal window from the one running the bbox, enter as below
9. ./smsbox /usr/local/smskannel.conf should start the smsbox.
after all the boxes are running well, u can try testing it out using the fakesmsc feature.
now again on a different terminal window,(make sure u have lynx installed, if not install it 4rm ur cd packs)
10. type lynx -dump "http://localhost:13000/status?password=bar"and this should show u the status of ur running kannel.
now as at this point u can b sure at least ur bbox and smsbox are running ok if u dont get any errors.
now to test the fakesmsc i copied the test dir from the installation dir of kannel into /usr/local
for good practise in a new terminal window
11. type /usr/local/test/fakesmsc -i 0.1 -m "100 200 text nop" "100 300 echo this"
this should simulate 4 u the text msgs n if it is successful u can at least know that for testing purposes ur kannel i up and running well.
from here am yet to proceed n go to the other tough parts of now connecting with a real gsm phone.....from here any of the experienced kannel users can help us....newbies!!!!
now i know this is not so much of benefit to the hardcores but any newbie out there...i dont want u to suffer the way i did...incase of anything or any quizes pliz i'll b glad to answer (only regarding this reading).
thanks a lot jabba_29 and andymoo for ur help.
i'd be very glad if someone extended this small tutorial and also produce another tutorial to help "us" implement the other many services kannel has to offer....its an open world!!!!
hope it helps someone out there!!!!! gdluck
after weeks of browsing for a solution i finally found someone that was able to get Kannel going, you think you might be able to help me out?
i know it sounds tedious but can you set up Kannel for me remotely, I'm developing a website but i will like to receive a notification to my cell every time someone signs up