I have developped a small J2ME application.
I have used Eclipse to simplify development and an emulator contained in the Sony Ericsson Jave ME SDK.
I want to use the Device Explorer tool to deploy my application into my W595s Sony Ericsson mobile phone.
I have to use the Connection Proxy tool to set up a connection between my laptop and my mobile phone.
I do not have the USB wire for now.
But I have a USB bluetooth device I can plug into my laptop.
I have read the doc about the Connection Proxy tool.
The doc is an HTML page contained in the SDK.
Here is the procedure I have followed :
- On my mobile phone :
- I have enabled the Java Developer mode.
- I have enabled the Bluetooth functionality.
- I have made my mobile phone visible to other devices via Bluetooth.
- On my laptop :
- I have plugged my USB Bluetooth device.
- I have set up a connection between my laptop and my mobile phone via the software shipped with the USB Bluetooth device.
- I have launched the Connection Proxy software.
- I have selected the COM4 interface in the Connection Proxy settings. The COM4 interface is the entry interface associated with my USB Bluetooth device.
- I have clicked the Connect button but the connection never succeeds.
According to the page 7 of the document entitled "Java™ Platform, Micro Edition, CLDC – MIDP 2" W595s mobile phones have the Java Platform (JP) 8.3.
The Connection Proxy doc page contains the following information :
"From JP-8, TCP/IP ports are used instead of COM ports".
But I can only select between COM ports in the Connection Proxy settings.
What do I need to do to have TCP/IP ports available in the Connection Proxy settings ?
Any help will be greatly appreciated