Thread: wap gateway

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

wap gateway

we have wap content apache server in RH7.1 and 7.0 ie I have added the mime type in the http.conf, which and where to get a wap gateway?

Have someone use the wap gateway before and with a wap mobile to access your own server and sending sms....etc from server to wap phone???

This is important to me, I want to try wap server via wap phone.

I am working in italy and sometime fly to ireland and germany for seeing folks.

The company is worldwide wap server and web server in located in italy, germany and shanghai.

what can I do???

jennifer.
    Last edited by worldtouch; November 1st, 2001 at 08:33 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Jennifer

If you are looking for a free WAP gateway for unix then download "Kannel".

You can even find a copy for win32 (compiled with cygwin)

If kannel.org is down then try searching google for another source for downloading it.

By the way do you know how can dial with a wap phone to a normal RAS server or even linux box ?

Thanks,
    Mac
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

on one side u seem u have experiment everything and suggest me to use RAS server- (I do not know much about RAS in linux. BUT I have find no ras in installed in my rh linux 6.0 server. )

Is it a normal Dial up server or has special specifications. Do I need a special Dial up server software. (if so would you please tell me some of them)

If they use normal dial up server so why I am not able to dial into them using my Motorola wap phone.

Do I need a special setting in either phone side or server side?

tell me more what progress have u up to now????

I search deja.com and found this but no response.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=RA...0read2.inet.fi

let me say this, I am below newbie.
    u need to explain more. I still searching for topic and rpm for RAS for a person who used a wap phone to call in his own office which installed with apache+ mime type+ RAS server.

my rh linux 6.0 has installed with dial in but not with RAS.

thanks!
    worldtouch.
    an ordinary client of zoneedit.com
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

No No,

I did not told that you need a RAS server ! For gateway software you need kannel only.

I am now able to view my wap pages on local network using a wap browser like ccWap or Winwap. As you see I have solved everything about gateway and webserver (including mime etc).

The problem is that I am not able to dial to a tcp/ip network. I have experience with Windows NT/2000 RAS (Remote access Service) and Cisco Router Access Servers.

I want to know if I am able to dial in to a Windows NT/2000 or Cisco Router as a normal dialup (ppp) client using my Motorola Wap Phone?

Have you been able to dial into a network yet? If so can you tell me how ? I have also posted another thread on this here.

Thank you, Mac

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo