1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

hi.

is anyone actually using the internet-functions on their cell-phones?

and:

have /you/ seen someone using it?

( i've only been able to go off a partial poll of some co-workers : "have you ever seen someone using their cell-phone to browse the web with?" , which returned absolute zeros under the "yes" column. )

( and i've got a tendency to toss out the statistics reported by companies marketing the products that those statistics are probably going to be presented as in-support of their product(s) . )

3. No Profile Picture
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sc:
    hi.

is anyone actually using the internet-functions on their cell-phones?

and:

have /you/ seen someone using it?

[/quote]

I use mine at weekends right now, the reason being that BT Cellnet seemed to have stopped the charge meter.. One of the best apps I have come across is the "find your nearest.." and then there's a list of outlets. The main reason I bought it, for email, is hopeless, as I can't prepare email offline, and spending 2UKP to send one email is not a viable option !

I have only ever seen one other person using a WAP phone, and this on a train..
  5. No Profile Picture
    Carpe Diem
    I have a Nokia communicator (9110) that has e-mail and web browser + ftp/telnet

I use it for e-mail and telnet access but not to browse. Its too slow.

I also use it as a modem on my laptop when I am away from the office. But its not something I use every day! Its only because I am in the internet business that I have it.

------------------
    Regards
    Darren
    --
    http://www.php4hosting.com/ $
    http://www.php4hosting.co.uk/
    PHP/MySQL Enabled Hosting/Dedicated Servers, Reseller Accounts
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Nextel just made basic internet service free on their phones for certain rate plans. I have it now and I only have it cuz I'm a geek <G> (and cuz its free without going against my minutes)... I'm able to send/recieve email through MSN online (which, by the way, could be used by anyone who wants wap email access)... Now if I can just find out what attributes the browser understands :-)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo