1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need WAP Page Development Help

This project can either be advice given to me or the actual construction of a basic wap page. I have a development team creating a ringtone, wallpaper, etc. site and the way people download them is they send them to their "Vault". To access the vault, they will enter mydomain.com/vault, then enter their username and password and their files will appear on the screen. For a user w/ a PDA phone, all they have to do is click the files to download them. However, for someone using regular cell phone, there is no way they can get to the links. I would like for someone to explain to us how to make it so regular cell phone users can access these files. If there was a way they could just press a numerical button NEXT to the file name, that would take them to that file, that would be great. If there is any other way this can be done, I am all ears. I look forward to hearing from you. Please help soon!

my email is edited by andymoo - using forums to initiate email correspondance kinda defeats the point of forums, ie: open and online exchange of information...........
    Last edited by andymoo; November 14th, 2006 at 07:16 PM.
  3. I see semi-colons
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Most phones support downloading of accepted file types.

So do this.

Code:
    <a href="artist/songtitle.mp3">song title</a>
    Then when the user clicks on the link it will start downloading.
  5. Timelord
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

i can see it's a high end dev team you have there if you've resorted to forum posts yourself to fathom out the depths of hyperlinks.

as for blatantly expecting advice or worse still for someone to construct a page for you is cheap, nasty and doesn't make a very good first impression of you.

i think you suck to be honest, maybe i'm a little outspoken but at least i'm honest which is more than the person bigging up their imaginary dev team to sponge some work from real devvers.

ps - just so you don't think i'm a total arse, google for accesskeys then google for forum protocols.

Comments on this post

• vrspectre agrees : roflmbo
    Last edited by andymoo; November 14th, 2006 at 07:23 PM.
    Andy Moore << oh no it's got a blog.....
    Over four million Legal Mp3 Downloads
    PHP developer deploying ringtones and mp3 downloads

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo