1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

New to Mobile App Development

Hi all -

I have been out of touch with programming for about 4 years (started my professional career as a J2EE web app & FileNet developer, but moved to the business side of things thereafter).

I am now looking to myself develop a mobile phone application which will:
    1) not require internet connectivity for running (other than an initial download).
    2) be used to generate passwords (so it might involve some intensive computations, but nothing too heavy).
    3) will not be UI intensive (will only generate and display passwords).

I want to develop this app for use on regular/cheaper java-enabled mobile phones, windows devices and blackberries (not iPhones yet).

Which programming language should I use to develop this app to optimize efficiency and compatibility/ease of deployment across various mobile phone/device operating systems/platforms?

Thank you!
    Tarun
  3. No Profile Picture

Mobile application development is the process by which applications are developed for small low-power handheld devices such as personal digital assistants, enterprise digital assistants or mobile phones. These applications are either pre-installed on phones during manufacture, or downloaded by customers from app stores and other mobile software distribution platforms.

5. No Profile Picture

thanksa

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo