1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to run java program in mobile

I have created an application using java, i have already created a .jar file for it but my HTC tytn set displays an error when i try to run that file on it it says:
    binary.jar cnt be installed because critical info is missing from the application file(MIDlet-Name) ,-13 "
    my prog is not an applet ,so how to run it on my mobile?
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by zaibi1230
    I have created an application using java, i have already created a .jar file for it but my HTC tytn set displays an error when i try to run that file on it it says:
    binary.jar cnt be installed because critical info is missing from the application file(MIDlet-Name) ,-13 "
    my prog is not an applet ,so how to run it on my mobile?
    hi zaibi1230, i hope this could help you. Installing J2ME applications to the phones can be done in a number of ways:

First you have to transfer the application to your mobile. You can transfer your application to the mobile from PC by making use of data cable, infrared or Bluetooth. You can install the MIDlets either with or without PC Suite or Ovi Suite.

On Series 40 phones the application gets installed automatically. On S60 phones you need to open message (in the inbox) containing the application and install it manually. However if you use PC Suite to install the MIDlet, the installation process is started automatically on the S60 phones, although you need to step through it manually.

Another way to transfer the MIDlet to the phone is store it (JAR and or JAD file) on a Web server and download the files using the browser of the phone (so called OTA download). Note that the server has to have the MIME types correctly defined:

JAR: application/java-archive
    JAD: text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor
    There are four ways to deploy the application into a mobile device.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

First install J2ME in your phone. After that reload your program in your phone and install it. Switch off your mobile and then on it. Now try to run your application into your phone. I think this time it will run properly.
  7. No Profile Picture

How to run java program in mobile.

Hello Guys.

I am also iphone and android developers. first thing is your phone ability to run application and next step is a nowadays many software available in online you can search yahoo or google and download software to sortable your phone and than after installing software to your phone and run .jar file done your misson and..

All your comment for iphone development are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
  9. No Profile Picture

Hi Guys.

I agree with you but it's a not finished for question can you c my below post.

Thanks.
  11. No Profile Picture

First you have to exchange the program to your cellular. You can exchange your program to the cellular from PC by using information wire, infra-red or Wireless. You can set up the MIDlets either with or without PC Package or Ovi Package . . . . . . . . . . . .

business marketing services
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Lightbulb Run Java program in mobile

Hello If your phone has JVM support then it could be able to run on any java bytecode which is generate by any javac compiler.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo