1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Kannel: CMS ERROR: Unknown error. -> (500)

My system:
    OpenSUSE 11.x(kernel 2.6.34-12)
    Kannel 1.4.3
    USB Huawei E220 modem, working as SMSC

My problem (when try to send an SMS to specific user, through Kannel system):
    CMS ERROR: Unknown error. -> maybe Sim storage is full? I'll have a look at it. (500)

I was searching through Google for two days how to resolve this issue. I tought that my kannel.conf is problem, but as far as I can see many people is talking about some "issue with Kannel 1.4.3" and this error. Other says that they overcome this issue by deleting messages from phone (modem) ... some had lack of credit on sim ... etc.. but I don;t have problem with any of that (...maybe with kannel.conf....).

As far as I can see it is *.conf problem or some problem with Kannel. But, before I post my configuration here I just wanted to check someone else's opinion.

Is there someone that overcome this problem ?

[Edit] I have found that this specific error "CMS ERROR:" is related to AT commands and communication with modem. It can occur even with Hyper Terminal when using AT commands to communicate modem (without Kannel). But when check error code "500" it says "Unknown error" ... all other codes are defined.... Perfect !!! HELP !
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Just to put some more details....

I have tried to check if my Huawei E220 modem is functioning correctly under Linux at all (concerning CMS ERROR).

Here is what I've done":
    1) Shutdown Kannel
    2) Open minicom sw and connect to E220 /dev/ttyUSB0
    3) Using AT commands I tried to send and receive messages.

4) Sending SMS through minicom
    AT+CMGF=1
    AT+CSCA="+XXXXXXX" # sevice center number
    AT+CMGS="+My_Number"
    > test
    Ctrl+Z
    and it goes well. Message is received on other party.

5) Receiving SMS through minicom
    Sent a SMS to modem's tel. number
    through minicom:
    AT+CMGL="all"
    and got a list of received SMS-s.

Now, I can conclude that my modem is working Ok, and now going back to Kannel !!!

Anybody working with Kannel and modems as SMSC right now that can help?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo