1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Mobile Percentage

Hi, i am not sure if i am posting this in the right section, so apologies if not...

Has anyone seen or know where i could get a percentage figure for overall sites that are now being viewed on a mobile device. I guess this is the same as asking, how many users use the internet, and then how many of them are accessing the interent via their mobile device, and how often...

I know this information is available for a single site using Google Analytics, but what about a % breakdown for the overall internet. I'd imagine the % is constantly increasing, however does anyone know the exact figure... thanks in advance for your help...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

does anyone know the exact figure
    No. The architecture of the internet makes it physically impossible to know this. My guess is that it's around 10% +/- 5%. It'll vary drastically depending on the type of site though. A site like Twitter or Facebook will have a much much higher mobile percentage than a site like Devshed or Sourceforge.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    No. The architecture of the internet makes it physically impossible to know this. My guess is that it's around 10% +/- 5%. It'll vary drastically depending on the type of site though. A site like Twitter or Facebook will have a much much higher mobile percentage than a site like Devshed or Sourceforge.
    Yeah you're spot on... i thought it would have been something in the range of 60% desktop / 40% mobile

http://gs.statcounter.com/#mobile_vs_desktop-ww-monthly-201107-201207

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo