1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How can i build an HTML5 app that will work the same on Desktop and IOS ?

I need to have the ability to access files in the client side ( so i need to use a framework like PhoneGap for the API ).
    However, phonegap works only for Mobile and not for desktop, what is the standard these days of doing this kind of things ?
    i'm sure i'm not the first one to do it.
  3. No Profile Picture

Hi Sahkan, if you want to create a desktop application using HTML or web technologies in general like jsvsacript, css, php, etc it's possible at a certain level.

There are two main technologies I know that can help you that: Node WebKit for Javascript and node devloper and PHP Desktop for php developers ( Here is full tutorial on how to make it with php desktop : phpocean.com/tutorials/back-end/create-your-first-desktop-application-with-php-and-php-desktop/4)

Hope that helps
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by zooboole
    Hi Sahkan, if you want to create a desktop application using HTML or web technologies in general like jsvsacript, css, php, etc it's possible at a certain level.

There are two main technologies I know that can help you that: Node WebKit for Javascript and node devloper and PHP Desktop for php developers ( Here is full tutorial on how to make it with php desktop : phpocean.com/tutorials/back-end/create-your-first-desktop-application-with-php-and-php-desktop/4)

Hope that helps
    Thanks! I'm going to try node-webkit for desktop and phonegap for ios.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo