1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to add a motherboard to an already running computer

Hi

I want to add another motherboard to my existing computer, i have got another power supply to power my new motherboard, im trying to build a supercuomputer. By merging these motherboards im hoping to increasing my computer speed and processing power. I was told it was possible to join them by LAN, so i have a normal ethernet cable. I run Windows 7 what do I need to do or what software do I need for my computer to take advantage of the additional motherboard(which has a dual core processor and 2gig ram)?

thanks
    Tai
  3. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

you would have to setup two PC in LAN and the software you want to use have to support that functionality.

Even then it would probably not be worth it.

You didn't tried a search on Google?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by MrFujin
    you would have to setup two PC in LAN and the software you want to use have to support that functionality.

Even then it would probably not be worth it.

You didn't tried a search on Google?
    Wat software could I use to achieve this?...on google im just getting results on beowulf clusters.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

... that's because a beowulf clusters is exactly what you're building.

The wikipedia article suggests a number of operating systems that have support for this type of thing.

Keep in mind though that you're not going to get increased performance on your normal applications. Applications have to be custom built to work with a system like this.
    Last edited by E-Oreo; March 31st, 2010 at 07:30 AM.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo