Thread: Asus P4pe Beeps

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Asus P4pe Beeps

I have an Asus p4pe mobo with a Pentium 4 2.6. I have a Radeon 9600 pro 128mg. I have one stick of Kingston DDR SDRAM 512 MB 2700. I have one WD 80gig 7200 rpm hdd and a WD 30gig 5400rpm hdd.

Recently my mobo has been beeping. The beeping occurs while the computer is running and everything appears to functioning properly. I read in the mobo manual and it said that if you get a beep while the computer is running it means that your cpu is overheating and the system is forced into a lower frequency (usually because of cpu overheat.) I have motherboard monitor installed and it says my computer is only running at around 36 degrees celsius. I know that this is not too hot but i can't get the beeps to stop. I looked all through the bios to see if there was a setting where it would beep once it reached a certain temp and I did not see anything.

If someone could help me figure out how to get the beeping to stop that would be awesome.

Thanks
  3. Second highest poster :p
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Have you checked the temp yourself? I would get an accurate digital themometre and check things myself to make sure its not misreading things.

Also check with the Asus website and see if any BIOS updates are available, it could be a bug in the BIOS.
    - Andreas Koepke

Koepke Photography

5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thanks

Thank you a.koepke for the ideas. I have not checked the temp myself, might do that. Also I do have the newest bios update.

Thanks for the suggestions and if you can think of anything else that would be sweet.