New Build No Display! please help

Specs:
    1.8ghz intel p4 processor
    GA-8KNXP rev1 motherboard
    Nvidia Geforce 5700fx video card
    1gig ram
    400W powersupply
    Dual power system 2 (DPS2)

For some reason when ive fully setup my computer, i go to turn it on and there is no display at all, not even a flicker from the monitor.
    Now ive tried many things ive played around with ram/gfxcard etc and ive even tried removing the dps2 to see if that works, still nothing at all, i have the onboard speaker hooked up to see if there is any beep and there is still nothing. The motherboard seems to be doing just fine, all fins spinning cpu/heatsync doing its job Gfx card fans spinning, i just dont know why there is no display.
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by meramaster
    Specs:
    1.8ghz intel p4 processor
    GA-8KNXP rev1 motherboard
    Nvidia Geforce 5700fx video card
    1gig ram
    400W powersupply
    Dual power system 2 (DPS2)

For some reason when ive fully setup my computer, i go to turn it on and there is no display at all, not even a flicker from the monitor.
    Now ive tried many things ive played around with ram/gfxcard etc and ive even tried removing the dps2 to see if that works, still nothing at all, i have the onboard speaker hooked up to see if there is any beep and there is still nothing. The motherboard seems to be doing just fine, all fins spinning cpu/heatsync doing its job Gfx card fans spinning, i just dont know why there is no display.
    DVI or VGA?

Does your motherboard have onboard video? If so, have you tried connecting display to that?

Have you tried a different cable?

Have you tried a different monitor?

Is 400w PSU enough for your graphics card?

If there are no beeps, it may just be a bad connection, cable, graphics card...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo