Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

NetVista Boot Sequence

I had been back and forth at the BIOS Setup all day. I'll be damned, who would have thought to click on what looks like a Title.

Thank you NetVista Novice & chyps - I have 20 of these to set up and you saved me untold hours hair pulling.

Great job!!!

Regards,
    Kevin
  3. No Profile Picture

Smile Thanks Netvista Novice -Boot Hidden Boot Sequence

Thanks to Netvista Novice:
    I have two NetVista 6794's(used for Amateur Radio)
    The second unit would not boot properly from the hardrive. Never would have found it until I came across this thread. I spents months on "squirrly" boot methods: F12,Then F1 to F12. LOL Then to f10 to save.

It is on the Hardware set up in the Bios. Selected the "White Bullet heading", and bingo there it was.

Thanks Netvista Novice - Cudo's brother you really saved me a lot of grief. LOL

Have a good week and again Thank You.

NetVistax2

Originally Posted by Netvista Novice
    I recently encountered a similar problem in trying to install a new hard drive after the stock hard drive crashed on my father-in-law's Netvista. I went around and around looking for the option to change the boot sequence. I believe I found the solution. The option actually DOES exist on the start up menu (at least on whatever model I was working on), it is just a poor interface. From what I recall, the problem is that the menu option (with a tiny white "bullet") appears to be a title/heading, and not a selectable/editable option. It is set apart (and above) from the other options on the same screen, like a menu title/heading. If you <enter> on the "heading", it opens up to an embedded menu allowing you to change the boot sequence.

Good luck. I hope this helps; albeit a little late for you folks. I came across this msg board when trying to solve my problem, and thought I would register and post my solution.

BTW, gotta love the guy who thought up the idea of a vertical bay drive. IBM Innovation.
  5. No Profile Picture

I can get into my NetVista BIOS,and the boot device screen to use arrows to select which boot device,But how do I ->KEEP THAT CD as the first boot device before the hard drive?<- what key or sequence do i use to put that CD ahead of the Hard Drive? These early NetVista DeskTops have NO INSTRUCTIONS onscreen on that Boot Drive screen saying how when the drive U want to boot to first is switched from HardDrive first back to the OS disk as the first drive
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo