September 7th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Compy boot failure.... please help
Compy wont boot....
Press power switch and compy starts fans fire up, 2 beeps fans boost up for 2 secs then compy shuts off.... then continues in an infintite cycle doing the same thing over and over again....
CPU - Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz
Mobo - Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
RAM - 6gig ddr3 1333 team dark
PSU - 650watt Xigmatek NRP
Video - 2X ATI Radeon HD4890 crossfire
HDD - Western Digital 1TB
- ram check, tried removing all ram sticks and trying them in one by one, one at a time
- video card check, tried removing the cards then putting them in one by one, one at a time
- cmos clear, tried clear cmos shorting the jumper, removing the battery over night, and then shorting the battery
- checked the mobo, removed it and inspected for burn marks front and back
- PSU, removed power from everything including mains overnight
what the hell is going on.....
should i try this bios flash thing....
dont really know much about it so any help would be apprecited....
also the compy is not on long enough for anything to show up on the moniter.....
hope to hear from anyone asap.....
September 7th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Can you boot to safe mode?
what if any USB devices are connected?...if you have a printer/scanner etc. connected try removing them
September 8th, 2009, 12:14 PM
The beeps you hear when you turn the computer on are error codes, it is your computer attempting to "tell you" what's wrong, and they can either be short beeps or long beeps. Do a search on google for your BIOS' "error beep codes" and you should be able to find a list which tells you what the different beep codes mean.
Last edited by LDHosting; September 8th, 2009 at 12:17 PM.