Originally Posted by khshoaib
I think that DDR2 RAM is not compatible with Intel D915GAV motherboard. It supports DDR SDRAM DIMMs.
Please let me know if my information is wrong.
A few suggestions when buying motherboards:
1. Determine what will be the use; will you use it for just doing school work, office work, etc., or are you planning to use for a gaming station?
2. What type of processor do you want? Games and certain software (Adobe Photoshop, for example) require much more processing power.
3. How much RAM can the board handle? Depending on how much you need.
4. Onboard video chip? Or do you plan to use an external graphic card? Most boards, if not all, bring an onboard video chip.
5. Read, read, read reviews. You need to be well informed.
6. After years of use, I have found Biostar boards to be very reliable. I have installed them for almost every type of use and have never really done any board to board comparison. I base my opinion mostly on experience with these boards.