1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Dell Inspiron 6000 motherboard

Hello,
    I have Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop and I suspect that its motherboard doesn't work properly - it freezes very often and if you push very hard on specific place, it works. By freezing I mean, that it keeps the same view (it doesn't reboot), but neither the keyboard or the mouse are working (CPU freezes as well).
    So, I decided to replace the motherboard, but I encountered another problem.
    I can't find a motherboard with product number X9238. I found only X9237 on ebay and somewhere else. The question is: should I replace with exactly same number? Maybe, X9237 is good as well? Do you know where can I find the list of differences?
    Thank you.
  3. They're coming to take me away

Welcome to Dev Shed.

Dell has this Clearance list which shows they have 4 more of those motherboards in stock. It has a phone number at the top of the page to call to find out pricing.
  5. No Profile Picture

Same problem with dell inspiron 6000

Originally Posted by kafkaZ
    Hello,
    I have Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop and I suspect that its motherboard doesn't work properly - it freezes very often and if you push very hard on specific place, it works. By freezing I mean, that it keeps the same view (it doesn't reboot), but neither the keyboard or the mouse are working (CPU freezes as well).
    So, I decided to replace the motherboard, but I encountered another problem.
    I can't find a motherboard with product number X9238. I found only X9237 on ebay and somewhere else. The question is: should I replace with exactly same number? Maybe, X9237 is good as well? Do you know where can I find the list of differences?
    Thank you.
    Hi kafkaZ,
    I was just wondering if you were able to fix the freezing problem. My laptop started doing the same thing.
    And can you please tell me what kind of motherboard i need for my dell Inspiron 6000.

Thanks
  7. No Profile Picture

jackleo0077,
    I replaced the motherboard. I don't remember which I bought
  9. No Profile Picture

My Inspiron 6000 started freezing recently and the problem turned out to be the wireless card, which was overheating due to its proximity to the (newer, hotter) hard drive. So you might try disabling the wireless card and see if it stops freezing.

Also try the usual compressed-air-in-the-vents trick and the program i8kfangui to figure out what might be overheating.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo