Hello.

Backstory:
The power jack on my W9259 motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 6000 became loose and eventually would not hold a good connection to charge the battery/power the PC. I thought I would replace the motherboard so I took the thing apart and found the model number. Ran a search on the model number on ebay and came up with good hit so I purchased it. Motherboard powered up fine but I realized it was different from my old motherboard in that it did not have onboard video but had a slot for an extension video card. This is when I learned that Dell had multiple versions of said motherboard with identical model numbers and no labeled version number to tell them apart. So I thought i'd just buy a video card for it rather then try and return it as it wasnt the sellers fault that they failed to label a specific version number on my old motherboard. Video card arrives in the mail and I excitedly putt it in place and test out the new mobo. Voila! The computer boots up and everything is peechy keen! except....... The screen is sectioned into 4 parts with 4 miniature versions of what the screen should show (i.e. when it boots up theres 4 boot screens, then 4 windows loading screens, then 4 login screens and finally 4 windows of windows.).

In Short:
I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with a W9259 motherboard (came with onboard graphics) and am trying to install a X9237 motherboard (exact same model number just has a video card extension slot instead of onboard graphics. After hooking up new motherboard and graphics card (a Dell Inspiron 6000 128 MB ATI Radeon X300 Video W5320) I recieve a graphical problem that made the screen ectioned into 4 parts with 4 miniature versions of what the screen should show (i.e. when it boots up theres 4 boot screens, then 4 windows loading screens, then 4 login screens and finally 4 windows of windows.)

I have taken it apart and made sure everything was connected firmly and correctly. I am thinking that it is either a faulty video card or that swapping out to a different version of the same model of motherboard has caused some problem.

Anyone ever come across this problem? Knows what the problem is called so that I may possibly get some improved search results? Have an idea on how to fix it?