1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

IP35 + E8400 - Keeps rebooting before POST

I've been doing some research on this problem I'm having with my new build. I think I may know the issue, but I wanted to get some input to ask if it sounds like it could be what's happening:

I've got an IP35 mobo with an E8400 and 2x2gb RAM, plus video card, drives, etc. New case and 500w PSU as well. When I got it all built, I started it up to see if it worked. It ran (fans spun and all) for about 5 seconds, then it shut off for a few seconds, then it restarted again and did the same thing over and over until I cut the power via the PSU switch. I pulled everything down to just the mobo and the CPU, same thing. Cleared CMOS, checked battery, checked CPU itself, all seems fine.

But I saw in some other discussions that the IP35 may not have full support for the new 45nm CPUs like mine. Could that be the problem?
  3. No Profile Picture

Fixed. The BIOS was indeed 4 versions old. Upgraded to the newest version (luckily I had another 775 processor in this system to swap out!) and it worked with the new Wolfdale.
  5. No Profile Picture

Cool

Ok,...
    So you flashed your Bios.

I wonder can you use a cd to flash or is it all just floopys?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by CokeScape
    Ok,...
    So you flashed your Bios.

I wonder can you use a cd to flash or is it all just floopys?
    Many mobos now have built in apps that run from windows(or using the command prompt) that will allow you to download the BIOS and flash from your desktop.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo