1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

new mobo with old sys

I have a hard drive that has the drivers for a motherboard that i used to have...i have since bought a new motherboard and tried to use the drive. I thought i could load the new mobo drivers once i go to windows. not so, windows gives me the dreaded bluecreen sayin it doesnt like the drivers i have insalled. I know what the issue is i just cant sem to install the new drivers without being able to be in windows first but i cant get to windows without the new drivers any suggestions this is drving me batty.
  3. No Profile Picture

Try going into safe mode, and if it will load go in the device manager and blow the PCI bus.
    This will cause windows to look for and reinstall all drivers for the hardware it will find and load your new ones instead of the old ones.
    Hope This Helps, Jon
  5. No Profile Picture

same result

nope have tried that same error....sux
  7. No Profile Picture

Only other thing i can think of man is if you actuaaly knw the names of some of the old driver files and deleting them mmanually in dos, but that would take some time and it may not solve your problem anyways
  9. No Profile Picture

i think the easiest route...

would be to reinstall the old board and chip then back the drive to a new hd or a friends through a network then format and go from there copy back what i want/need. any easier suggestions are gladly welcomed. i hope there is one out there may be a min b4 i can buy a new one or have the time to have a bud come by.
  11. No Profile Picture

New MOBO with old HDD / Sys

Originally Posted by anytime74
    Only other thing i can think of man is if you actuaaly knw the names of some of the old driver files and deleting them mmanually in dos, but that would take some time and it may not solve your problem anyways
    You responded to this guy a while back and I'm now encountering the same thing. I was wondering if I'm in the same boat... FYI, I've got a new MOBO that a computer warehouse sent me as a result of an incompatible MOBO / Processor combo that they sent me last month. I figured I could simply switch the HDD from the "broke" PC to the new MOBO and pick up where I left off. However, the new MOBO simply sticks in a "boot loop" asking me how I want windows to boot: Normal Operation, Safe Mode, etc. How do I get rid of this loop and actually boot the system? I've already returned the old MOBO / Processor combo to the company, so I think now I'm stuck. If I have to reformat and start from scratch with the HDD, is there a program in XP Professional that makes a startup disk (allowing for HDD format and/or reinstall of windows)? Please let me know, I'm going insane with these PC issues. Thanks for your help.
    GJM120

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo