1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Motherboard Problem?

hi guys..i recently experiencing time outs on my internet connection i ask the service provider to check on it but they said that maybe the problem was on the LAN card or the motherboard itself. I purchased a LAN card but found out that the problem still exists. Does the mother board has something to do with this or is it already defected? guys i need your knowledge with this.

thak you..
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

A motherboard is literally the last place you would look for a network problem. Even the network cables are more likely to be defective.

Are you experiencing other significant problems with the computer besides networking? What other parts of the network have you investigated?
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    A motherboard is literally the last place you would look for a network problem. Even the network cables are more likely to be defective.

Are you experiencing other significant problems with the computer besides networking? What other parts of the network have you investigated?
    Did you install the correct drivers? Depending on the OS, you use the corresponding driver for the device.
  7. No Profile Picture

Have you tested the card on another computer? I am not aware of any known compatibility problem, unless the card (PCI?) itself is bad. Have you disabled on-board LAN, just in case?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo