1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post Motherboard: No Display / Odd Clues

Just installed Kobian KT266a FDSUX with a Duron 1.6GHz chip and followed all the jumper instructions, but can't get the BIOS display to come up on the monitor. I verified the monitor and video card(s) were good, and tried both AGP and PCI display cards. I have tried just running the Video and memory alone and still no luck. I tried resetting the bios - still no luck.
    I get no beeps on external speakers (integrated audio). Just for the heck of it, I tried hooking up floppy, hard drive and cdrom, all get power, but still BIOS is not visible. Any suggestions? I'm sure it's a simple matter, but I've disassembled and reassembled so many times, I'm probably overlooking the obvious. I looked for possible shorting out on the case, but I put in standoffs so that shouldn't pose an issue.
  3. Contributing User

looks like you covered about everything, i looked up the board and dont see much you have not tried, what ram are you using and what are the specs of it? i was going to look at the manual for the board, they want me to register to download and i didnt feel like it, was also going to download one of the bios updates to see it it had a fix list with it and if it covered anything you might have, same deal, didnt want to register, besides if it wont show the bios screen, you wouldnt be able to update anyway. just want to see if it was a processor support issue.
    She showed me her software so i pulled out my python.
  5. No Profile Picture

I was using PC133 SDRAM. I'm contemplating getting my hands on some PC2100 DDR to see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, I haven't been able to get it to respond to any bios. Have you ever used one of those PCI diagnostics boards?
  7. Contributing User

i see those on several sites, i honestly couldnt tell you one way or the other if they are any good. your ram, is it double sided chips? some boards wont run double sided chips, or only in certian slots and only so many, i have seen some (cheap) not to say it didnt cost plenty, but the quality is (cheap) cause problems. is the ram ecc? anyway, if you can, try the ddr 2100. i have come across some ram that just dont work, or have odd problems with some boards, the brand i hate the most is some crap called sync data. i personnally have crucial, but kingston makes really good ram for the price. it usually runs in everything.(that it is spec for)
    She showed me her software so i pulled out my python.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo