1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Motherboard SPLASH SCREEN

I have an Intel D850EMD2 Motherboard where the splash screen-logo displayed at POST, boot-up, can be customized by the user to show whatever logo you'd like displayed.

I precisely followed the instructions in downloading the application file: SPLASH07.EXE on the Intel web site. However, my problem is that when I go to extract or run SPLASH07.EXE I am unable to go any further, that is, to then extract SW.EXE in order to get the needed file, SPLASH.EXE. What I get instead, is the following message, listed below:

C:\SPLASH\SPLASH07.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Has ANYONE with an Intel D850EMD2 Motherboard been successful in developing and displaying their OWN, customized, original POST, boot-up, SPLASH SCREEN LOGO DESIGN?

Thank you!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

i thought that utility was pretty datad, have you tried the LOGO_UTL.exe that you can get from intel instead??

http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/gen_indx.htm

** ignore that.. i got the wrong end of the stick.. that wouldn't do what you require
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your reply, but I don't think I can use the LOGO_UTL.exe application to install a customized splash screen logo for my model motherboard. Or, on the other hand, could I?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

* shrugs* - i use Asus boards, lol
    No harm in trying ???

The Asus ones have a handy Windows Application that works lol

i've emailed a friend who's pretty keen on Intel Boards (?) to see if he has any idea
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by mikeyskona
    * shrugs* - i use Asus boards, lol
    No harm in trying ???

The Asus ones have a handy Windows Application that works lol

i've emailed a friend who's pretty keen on Intel Boards (?) to see if he has any idea
    Thank you VERY much! I really hope he does!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo