1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Msi p45 platinum motherboard

hello

I have a p45 platinum mother.I had it for about 4 years

the unit just shut down and now it will not come back on

The board gets power because of the red led on the board but when I push the power button it just flashes the leds quick and also the power supply fan and led just kicks.

I checked for shorts and bad capacitors and could not find any problem or I can't tell if there is a problem with them.

I tried one thing ON the board is an 8 pin power connector
    I pulled it off the connection and turned on the unit it works but no display or beeps because that power connector powers the cpu.but when I connect it I get the same problem led flash quick power supply fan and leds flash quick. I am stumped.would anyone have an answer to this problem.
  3. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Check that all the components are seated properly. I had an old msi board once that exhibited similar symptoms and it was caused by one of the memory modules not being fully seated.

If all that checks out, check the power supply, maybe it has gone bad and cannot provide enough power to boot up.
    Recycle your old CD's, don't just trash them

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo