1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

No POST, no beeps, plenty of power.

My computer was working fine and suddenly there was no video. When it is turned on, there is no output to the monitor. I have a second computer, so I plugged the video card into it and it worked. I figured the problem was the MB, so I ordered a new one, but still same problem. I've returned to the original MB and tried replacing the video card, memory, and CPU from my second computer, one component at a time--no joy. I've re-assembled the second computer and now it is doing the same thing as the first computer. No video when turned on. Very frustrating. I've removed and replaced CMOS battery on both computers. Any ideas?
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Have you checked to make sure the monitor is working correctly?
  5. No Profile Picture

Yep, thanks. Tried them on another monitor, still no joy. Any other ideas?
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Wait so both computers are doing the same thing? Or you mean the old and new components are doing the same thing? Are you using the same PSU?
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by jzd
    Wait so both computers are doing the same thing? Or you mean the old and new components are doing the same thing? Are you using the same PSU?
    Now both computers are doing the same thing. Neither one will transmit video to the monitor and both have their own PSUs. All I can figure is that one component (motherboard?) caused a short and by swapping each of the components, it damaged something from my second computer. Power is being supplied to all components, video, motherboard, and main, as far as I can tell. I tried taking the motherboard out of the case and still no joy, so it was not shorting off the case.
  11. No Profile Picture

So, does anyone have any ideas I can try?? Thanks.
  13. No Profile Picture

Unhappy no disply.. No beep...no post

hi,
    I am also fasing the same problem. When i was working on my pc, monitor got no disply, keybrd got stuckd. When i restart the system its not booting. Green led is glowg on cpu and fan is workg fine. But no signal is passing to keyboard, monitr and mouse. Can anybody help me in this problm?..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo