1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post Power no boot but reset boots ok

Hi I recently moved my Mobo into a new case and after doing so the computer did not boot after power on - so far this sounds pretty standard, however, once I press the reset switch the system boots fine, which I think is a bit wierd...
    This is an MSI board which has diagnostic LEDs - when I power up they show all Red, which according to the table means prob with CPU. But cause it works after reset, I think it must still be a power issue in spite of the LEDs. I have tried another 2 PSUs - and nothing. I have put mobo in different case - same deal.

Anyone have any idea? I noted that many people have experienced the phenomenon of power on (power to all periphs and mobo) but no boot - and in most cases problem was resolved by diagnosing bad CPU - but because of the fact that my system will boot if I press reset I cannot imagine this to be the problem .

Any ideas would be very very welcomed.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Psu ???

Hi,

Try a new PSU, this sometimes cures the problem. Did your new case come with it's own PSU? If so, this could be the problem - borrow a different one to try and confirm it.

www.pcmatrix.co.uk

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo