1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Power not reaching motherboard

I just got a motherboard from a friend. Its a LOMITA 010116. I didn't get anything with it, just the board. I have gotten boards like this before, and i knew that, without a power button, i had to 'short' out the 2 pins for the switch. I looked up the info online, and did like i've done for countless other motherboards, and it worked fine. I booted, installed my different OS' on my HDD, and even got a few other basic programs installed.

I went to move the board into a metal case i had gotten for it, and for some reason it did not power up while in the case. So, logically, i took it out of the case. Now, out of the case, it doesn't seem to supply power as it should.
    The only time i see anything happening is when i switch the power supply from on to off, the CPU fan seems to get a little power and spins for less than a second.

Troubleshooting so far:
    I attempted to start the computer with nothing else but the board and power supply (no RAM). No change
    I attempted to start it with only the monitor. No change
    I attempted to start it with only the HDD hooked up to power and to motherboard. No change.
    When i had the HDD hooked up to power, but yet not to the board, the HDD recieved power properly, but the board did not.
    I unplugged all cables, and let set out for a while (little over an hour), just for testing purposes. No Change.

There were no sparks, un-expected sounds, or anything that would insinuate that the board went faulty when i attempted to turn it on in the case.

If anyone has any ideas they would like me to try, i'd be more than happy to do it. Also, any past experiences or ideas that you can give would be greatly appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

when i switch the power supply from on to off, the CPU fan seems to get a little power and spins for less than a second.
    This sounds like the CPU power lead is not connected...check the secondary lead (4,6, or 8 pin) connector going to the mobo...
  5. No Profile Picture

all pins, ports, and other things are connected properly.

I have even tested this with 2 other power supplies, of which both were pulled from working systems.

Also, regarding the fan, that also happens when i do not have the 2 pins shorted for turning on the computer (which is leading me to believe that something happened to ruin the board......)
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

You to show it any proper hardware master. We know power reaching is really important for it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo