1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Soyo Dragon 2 Platinum Problems

I'm not very impressed with this motherboard right now. First, Soyo sent me the wrong driver CD with it, second, my integrated NIC card does not work, third, my computer shuts down randomly, and fourth, overclocking seems impossible.

Here's where I need help:
    My integrated NIC card does not work, the signal lights do not light up. In the device manager it says, "Device cannot start (code 10)". I have installed the newest drivers, i have checked for IRQ conflicts, checked my cable, upgraded my bios, downgraded my bios, is there anything else i can try before i send this POS back?

Please note: When i downgraded my bios i was able to get a signal light, it said "Device working properly" in the device manager, and it even connected to my network for a few seconds but then it would disconnect and reconnect over and over, never lasting more than 5 seconds on the network.

I think the problem is that the motherboard they sent me is defective but I'm not sure, I'd love to get it working without having to deal with Soyo and trying to get a new motherboard.
  3. No Profile Picture

I have the EXACT same problem you had. Just hit up the soyo website and start downloading the Drivers for the network cards. I think it took me about 2 different trys to get the right drivers. Other than that this motherboard worked flawlessly through installation and use so far.
  5. No Profile Picture

Wow i'm glad you were that lucky. I have been talking to a tech support rep from soyo for the past few days, i have tried removing all my peripherals in case there was an irq conflict, i have downloaded drivers. It worked for about 5 seconds, it got on the network then it said "Network cable unplugged" but theres no problem with the cabling or any other network device. I thought that since the nic card runs 1000Mbps that it may conflict with my 100Mbps switch so i set the link speed of the nic card to 100Mbps but this caused my device to go unresponsive again, saying "Device cannot start (Code 10)"
  7. No Profile Picture

You know I said that then I started thinking... I had installed another network card so i could use the internet to get the newest drivers. So just now switched the cable. Both work fine. It seems people either HATE or LOVE soyo products. Not much of an inbetween.
  9. No Profile Picture

Well unfortunately I'm on the end that HATE soyo products. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice board, everything else works fine, but not only does the onboard NIC card not work, their return policies suck as well.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo