1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

System Keeps rebooting after I changed motherboard why?

I had to replace a motherboard with another not a new board but one that was working. When I turn the system on, on the monitor it says "Verifying DMI Pool Data" then goes to the screen where it gives you 30 secs to choose either safe mode, most recent working and so on and when I choose start windows normally, will run the bar across the screen like it does normally when windows xp is booting up but then it restarts, it keeps doing this everytime why?

Tim
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

not much help.

but i say re-do it.

gets rid of any drivers for the old motherboard that can conflict with the new one.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

erm, u will have to reinstall windows

unfortunately with a new motherboard comes a whole host of new drivers, system resources and hardware changes. To successfully install a new motherboard you must also reinstall windows so it can load the appropriate drivers for your motherboard. Windows is not booting because its confused, simply put, its got a list of drivers it loads at startup which the new motherboard does not use, the conflicts build until it either hangs or in ur case resets... Just reinstall windows over your existing version and it should do the trick. in ur case you should not have to reformat ur hard drive and all that jazz.. hopefully that will sort out your issue.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo