1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

VIDEO PROB'S 1400xp pro

VIDEO PROB'S 1400xp pro by: pc chips 825 997mhz

a less confusing way for me to explain my problem
    is turn on your system and turn off the monitor. now thats what i get from the system to the monitor. all black screen.
    notta nothing. all i can figure is that my intergrated video has dropped on me and i can't see what to do to switch it to the agp or pci card slot mode. but however i hope to be wrong about this "hypothesis" = [a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence]

thank you much.
    your friend:,:`~jayz_xp~`:,
    Last edited by jayz_xp; May 15th, 2004 at 12:01 AM.
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

you still aren't giving much information. When did this start happening? Have you tried the monitor on another machine to be sure that's not the problem? If you changed any settings in the bios or something, try resetting the cmos (should be a jumper). The system boots correctly, no beep codes or anything?
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

that system has a softswitch settings everything is controlled by the bios chip even the jumpers for the video and the cpu clocks and fan controlers. and the cpu is not removable unless it was desoldered from the board would you suggest doing that and maybe trying the cpu in another pc? just a thought. its a amd atholon. since i would like to beable to mount a chip holder on that board anyways. never liked the idea about not being able to remove the cpu in the first place

everything is normal but the video not showing and everything was tested on a different machine only thing i can't test is the intergrated video. the ram and the hard drives and monitor and burners keyboard and mouse all cables to everything is being used in this computer sine then and it works flawless only difference is that its alot slower then the one i bought new but it figures only the one that i did not buy is still working.
    have done the cmos reset still the same. it was working just fine till one day i turned it on and got nothing. from the video. and it was 2003 brand new at the time it happened and it was bought from a computer show they wasn't there when i went back to complain about the board failing on me i went to the owner about this company who sold me the board and they was not able to come up with any info about their wareabouts.and pc chips the company was totaly in denyle that they even own the board when their name was printed all over it and they kept giving me the run around till the warranty ran out on me. and now im stuck with a $180 paper weight that glows in the dark lol.

Thank you!
    your friend :,:`~jayz_xp~`:,
    "any advise is better then none at all"
    Last edited by jayz_xp; May 16th, 2004 at 02:24 AM. Reason: forgot to add this

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo