1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Yet another no boot problem

Seems to be a hot topic lately. I too am having a problem with installing a new video card. I have two completely identical systems.

ECS K75SA MB
    512 DDR ram
    TI 500 / Radeon 9200

The problem is I took the TI 500 video card out of one system and put it in the other. Both computers have at one time had this card in it before and working. When I put the card in it doesn't post the hard drive and fans power but blank screen. Thinking it was the card I tried it in another system. Went out and bought a Radeon 9200 card does the same thing.

At this point I think it's the AGP slot. I put an old 32 meg crappy card in the AGP slot it works fine.

I have completely reformatted the drive, reinstalled operating system, cleared CMOS, removed all compents (mem, video card, drives, pci cards) one at a time.

Any sugguestions would be greatly appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture

this must be a problem with the BIOS. When clearing the CMOS you should set the jumper to clear ... then remove the battery and leave it for a couple minutes just to be absolutely sure. Put the battery back in set the CMOS clear jumper back and fire it up.

You may want to update your BIOS as well. If you go online you may be able to find an update for your specific mainboard. Be careful when doing this cause you can perminently damage your mainboard.

Hope this helps.
  5. No Profile Picture

That's why I posted here. I figured the good advice I've read on these boards would lead me in the right direction. Updating the BIOS is the last stop before I get a new MoBoard my only question is why would it have worked in this machine before?

Could it be a driver issue? Does the card have to be attached to install the drivers? Whenever I try and run the Catalyst driver installation it has some compoents needed for installation were not found . . .
  7. No Profile Picture

Ok noticed something odd, the only card that the system will boot to is a 32 meg crappy 2x/4x AGP card. If I try and put a 64 meg card (geforce 4 mmx 64 meg ddr) card in it posts 8 times with AMI BIOS. If I put either a 9200 Radeon card or the Geforce 3 TI500 (128 meg i believe) no post and no boot.

I removed the BIOS battery for 20 minutes cleared the CMOS by jumpers and still nothing. Any sugguestions would be helpful. I did look at ecsusa.com for updated BIOS there is an update, however according to the fixes listed nothing to effect the AGP issues.
  9. No Profile Picture

My friend has the same problem. He tryied to put a 256 MB Radeon 9600 in a ECS L7VMM2 mobo and it resulted in no POST. He also tried installing my friend's GeForce 4 MX 440, which also resulted in no POST. The ever weirder thing is I put in my GeForce FX 5900 Ultra and it POSTed. I don't understand why it does that, but I upgraded the BIOS on the board also and it doesn't seem to be helping. I also hear that low voltage settings for memory and video cards can result in no POST on older motherboards, but there are no visible manual voltage contols. :/
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Gelee
    Seems to be a hot topic lately. I too am having a problem with installing a new video card. I have two completely identical systems.

ECS K75SA MB
    512 DDR ram
    TI 500 / Radeon 9200

The problem is I took the TI 500 video card out of one system and put it in the other. Both computers have at one time had this card in it before and working. When I put the card in it doesn't post the hard drive and fans power but blank screen. Thinking it was the card I tried it in another system. Went out and bought a Radeon 9200 card does the same thing.

At this point I think it's the AGP slot. I put an old 32 meg crappy card in the AGP slot it works fine.

I have completely reformatted the drive, reinstalled operating system, cleared CMOS, removed all compents (mem, video card, drives, pci cards) one at a time.

Any sugguestions would be greatly appreciated.
    try getting into cmos and tell it to use agp not vga... also make sure it is completely seated into the agp slot .... good luck

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo