1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering problem

The subject line says it all. I have Win 98SE and an ASUS A7N8X-E motherboard. Win 98 Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools-System Information-Problem Devices says I have 10 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering devices with Device Failure. Looking in Device Manager I find three of them to be associated with IRQ 5, three with IRQ 9, four with IRQ 11.

Everything on the computer is working. My modem, sitting in the second PCI slot, is no problemo. No other PCI devices.

Should I worry? Should I kick back and relax? Should I fix it, and if so, how?

I'm running a USB mike the motherboard USB port, getting my speaker sound from the onboard motherboard sound section, scanner attached to USB port. I don't want LAN, Ethernet, turned LAN off in my BIOS options.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Arrow Asus techsupport has a spin on this problem:

Here's what Asus Cust. Service emailed me about the same problem I was having...
    -------------------------------------------------

Dear Friend :

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

My name is ZYC, and I would be assisting you today.

"the ACPI IRQ Holders for PCI Steering"

this reporting is a bug of win98/me system . if you have not install PCI devices
    to all the PCI slots ,windows98/windowsME will report such errors .

Under win2000/xp system , no such bug and you won't see this error message .

Thank you for using ASUS products and services!

ZYC

ASUS Customer Service Center (Beijing,China)

--------------
    if you have any other results (since your original post is from January) please let me know - -

Richardman
    Last edited by Richardman; April 5th, 2004 at 05:10 PM. Reason: fiddling

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo