1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Asus A7N8X - E Deluxe or Abit AN7?

Hi!

I am planning to buy one of these boards but I do not know which one to take!

I tend towards the Abit board but I have heard that there are some stability issues.

What can you say about performance and stability?

Help would be highly appreciated!

Best,
    --Alex
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by asc
    Hi!

I am planning to buy one of these boards but I do not know which one to take!

I tend towards the Abit board but I have heard that there are some stability issues.

What can you say about performance and stability?

Help would be highly appreciated!

Best,
    --Alex
    http://www.tomshardware.com/motherbo...721/index.html is a comparo of amd mobos, including those two.
    HTH
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello!

Thank you for your answer, but the tested boards are the predecessors of the boards that I am interrested in (the Abit NF7-S is the predecessor of the AN7 and the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe is a newer version of the Asus A7N8X Deluxe).

Is there nobody who owns one of these boards and can tell me about his personal experience?

Best,
    --Alex
  7. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by asc
    Hello!

Thank you for your answer, but the tested boards are the predecessors of the boards that I am interrested in (the Abit NF7-S is the predecessor of the AN7 and the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe is a newer version of the Asus A7N8X Deluxe).

Is there nobody who owns one of these boards and can tell me about his personal experience?

Best,
    --Alex
    The boards are practically the same, so the existing review is probably still pretty darn close performance wise. Since you are looking at pretty new boards, you aren't going to get more than initial impressions. If thats enough, check the reviews for each at newegg.com
    I personally run Intel
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  9. No Profile Picture

Asus A7N8X-E is a board I know well, and is a good choice. Haven't had much experience with the Abit. Nforce chipsets are often overhyped - have you considered something based on VIA KT600 instead?

Have a look at the motherboard section of my site for all the main manufacturer info:

www.pcmatrix.co.uk
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello pcmatrix!

In some of the reviews of the Asus A7N8X-E I read at www.newegg.com, people complain about problems with SATA and there seem to be problems with Creative Labs soundcards. Did you ever experience any problems with these components?

Actually, I have not thought about VIA KT-600 boards yet. Do you have any experience with such boards? How is the performance compared to boards with the nforce2 chipset?
    Which KT-600 boards can you recommend? Do you know any links to reviews where they compare boards with the VIA chipset to boards with the nVidia chipset?

Best,
    --Alex
  13. No Profile Picture

Hello pcmatrix!

In some of the reviews of the Asus A7N8X-E I read at www.newegg.com, people complain about problems with SATA and there seem to be problems with Creative Labs soundcards. Did you ever experience any problems with these components?

Actually, I have not thought about VIA KT-600 boards yet. Do you have any experience with such boards? How is the performance compared to boards with the nforce2 chipset?
    Which KT-600 boards can you recommend? Do you know any links to reviews where they compare boards with the VIA chipset to boards with the nVidia chipset?

Best,
    --Alex

i have just recently purchased an A7N8X-E DELUXE, and i really love it. it was a breeze to setup except that my power supply gets in the way of the cpu heatsink/fan, but there is plenty of room for the factory heatsink/fan. its appears to be really stable as compared to my old A7V8X which it is replacing, although my recent benchmarks seem to be slower then the via chip, but i havn't had much time to figure things out, but i would definatly recomend this board. hope i helped you out at least a little.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo