1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

monitor blank hard drive not booting after upgrade

i decided to upgrade my intel 1300mhz p4,to a athlon 2500mhz(barton core) with 1 gig of pc 2700 333 made up of 2 512mb dimms on an asrock k7vm4 motherboard,but after installing my new parts,and pressing the boot switch it didnt boot and the monitor had a blank screen,there were no beeps,the cd tray operated,the power supply is the old 300watt that came with my advent p4,which plugged into my intel mothboard via 3 power connectors,one labled PS2 the other a small sqare connector,but my motherboard only took had a connection for the P1 connector,im thinking i need a power supply specificaly for an athlon setup.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I don't think so. Your PS should work with the Athlon. I only used the big ATX plug for my Athlon. The little square plug is only for P4. In other words, the P4 needs a special power supply plugs. The Athlon works with regular ATX plug.

Do you see the hard drive light flash, does it spin the floppy drive?
  5. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by darkstorm
    i decided to upgrade my intel 1300mhz p4,to a athlon 2500mhz(barton core) with 1 gig of pc 2700 333 made up of 2 512mb dimms on an asrock k7vm4 motherboard,but after installing my new parts,and pressing the boot switch it didnt boot and the monitor had a blank screen,there were no beeps,the cd tray operated,the power supply is the old 300watt that came with my advent p4,which plugged into my intel mothboard via 3 power connectors,one labled PS2 the other a small sqare connector,but my motherboard only took had a connection for the P1 connector,im thinking i need a power supply specificaly for an athlon setup.
    Did you just change the mobo, leaving the harddrive and such alone? That doesn't work. Can you boot from a floppy or cd? Do the cpu and case fans operate?
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  7. No Profile Picture

yes all the fans work,i reinstalled the old motherboard memory and processor and they still worked.
  9. No Profile Picture

i have fsb set to 200 the clock multiplyers on the motherboard in the form of jumpers which which i havent set could these settings or lack of be why my new system wouldnt work,what should they be set at for a 2500mhz (barton)
  11. No Profile Picture

I am having same problem with this mainboard. In my case I don't get any beeps from POST, no display on screen and floppy drive light stays on. By now I am pulling my hair out. I have removed video card, still no beeps, removed RAM, still no beeps or display. I am at a total loss.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Question Has anyone fixed this problem?

I ran into a similar situation while upgrading my PCs memory. No sign of booting up even after re-instating the original memory. The fans and drives are working. I am wondering, did some static charges ruin the system.

Has anyone found a solution to this?
  15. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by BugMeNot
    I ran into a similar situation while upgrading my PCs memory. No sign of booting up even after re-instating the original memory. The fans and drives are working. I am wondering, did some static charges ruin the system.

Has anyone found a solution to this?
    Try the normal troubleshooting suggestions found in many threads in this forum. To see if something is fried, you'll have to start swapping out parts (ram, cpu, video, psu). If nothing works even with new parts, its probably the mobo.
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

for those with the blank screens, is the vga plug (if u have a crt monitor) securely in place? i know my cord sometimes disconnects cuz the screws dont fit into my new video card so i just hope it stays connected, or else i get a black screen too and that's when i check the cord. and for the no beeps, you should make sure the case speaker is connected to the motherboard. when unplugging everything from the old board you might have forgotten to reconnect it to the new board. my speaker is kinda loud so i think about disconnecting it sometimes
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

First you'd better have the memory checked by the vendor if possible.

A certain extraordinary electrical current might have been induced by this memory. In such a case, anything may happen to any parts. Then you had better be prepared to find out the parts available from it. At least fans, drives and psu. are active, that's good.
  21. No Profile Picture

Question Monitor and Hard Drive is Not Working

Originally Posted by karsh44
    Try the normal troubleshooting suggestions found in many threads in this forum. To see if something is fried, you'll have to start swapping out parts (ram, cpu, video, psu). If nothing works even with new parts, its probably the mobo.
    "Help"

My computer Hard Drive and Monitor is Black Out, But other things are working such as Processor Fan and Hard Drive Green Light. When I start PC I cant see any think on Monitor, Monitor Light is Green and I can hear Beep Sound......
  23. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I had a problem when i recently upgraded my computer, the cpu fan came on and such but the moniter wouldnt come on, and i got mad, so i decided to take out one of my ram (i have 512 and a 256 so i took out the 256 and it came on...so then i turned it off and put the 256 in a seperate slot before and then it came on and worked...havent touched it once it worked

You don't need to fix something when it already works
  25. No Profile Picture

check this out

Check out following resource that may help you to find solution:

free-tips-tricks.blogspot.com/2009/01/hard-drive-not-recognized-found.html
  27. No Profile Picture

have you checked out all the things they are properly fitted or not
    one more thing may be your new ram dosen't support your motherboard you can find out on google just write down their
    "reasons why a computer monitor goes blank"
    it will help you

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo