1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Problems after installing MSI Micro-ATX motherboard

Help!
    My old motherboard packed up so I bought a new MSI motherboard. After installing the board. I do not get any setup beeps and after the various drive lights flash on and off, the floppy drive light stays on. I do not get any signal to my monitor either. I am very new to this and am getting kinda sacred.

I have changed the FD data cable with 2 working cables, tried 2 other working floppy drives still the same.

I have now removed the mother board with only power, RAM, CPU, and speaker connected, when I power on CPU fan kicks in but still no POST beeps. I have also swapped the speker connection round and tried with a worling speaker, still no POST beeps. The installed RAM is 256MB PC3200 DDR, 184 pin 400MHz DIMM, the mobo manual says it supports PC2700/DDR333, PC2100/DDR266 or PC1600/DDR200, would this stop POST from running?

Mark
    Last edited by visual_mark; March 31st, 2004 at 05:04 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PC3200 (DDR400) memory should usually work at a slower speed, but try a different stick if possible. It is possible you have a faulty motherboard, have a word with your retailer.

www.pcmatrix.co.uk

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo