Thread: stupid computer

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy stupid computer

I'm wondering if you can help me at all.....

You see the problem is with my computer, its an asus a7v8-mx SE motherboard running an athalon xp2400 with 512meg ddr and a 128 agp graphics card the hard drive is an 80gig western digital.

I recently installed the new motherboard due to problems before where the computer crashed and would just go into a reboot cycle, I inputted a win 98 startup disk to see if I could access anything at all but it would not detect any of my drives. I then cleared the cmos by resetting it. only to be dissapointed in the fact that the motherboard would not even power on. the only thing that was powered was the usb enable led. so I went out and purchased the new motherboard only to find out that when I installed the motherboard and configured the bios, it would detect the hd in the bios but when it came to installing anything. I was still having the reboot cycle and once every so often it would boot up windows xp but when it came to the login screen. it just rebooted, most of the time as I said it would hardly detect the hard drive when it came to booting up windows. I know its not the hard drive as I tried it in my other computer and formatted the drive and then put the hd back in the original computer but still nothing....... its really getting to me now as I have even altered the bus settings to a lower frequency........

I sincerely appreciate any help that can be given.. Thanks
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

This story reminds me of the guy who burned down his house trying to kill a rat.

installed the new motherboard due to problems before where the computer crashed and would just go into a reboot cycle,
    First off: what gave you the idea this was a hardware problem?

Once we understand that, maybe we can move onto the next question.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo