Thread: motherboard

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Angry motherboard

my girlfriend has a problem with her computer. She was on the computer and all of a sudden the monitor goes black and the motherboard just starts beeping 3 times and everytime i turn it on it keeps making those beeping sounds. what do you guys think is the problem i kind of think its somethin to do with the processor or it probably needs to be flashed.

i really need help on this one she needs it asap
  3. fifo
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Whats the complete spec of the computer? Motherboard beeping can be loads of things. Check that the cpu isn't overheating (if possible) and that the voltages 3.3, 5 and 12 are within 10%.This can be found in your bios setup (usually hitting del on boot) Have you added any hardware? What o/s are you using, do you have the latest bios version (available from the m/b vendor). When you boot, do you have a display, or is it black? Does the m/b keep beeping or does it beep 3 times and then stop?
    Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on. - Billy Connolly
  5. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Also, what bios do you have? The beeping is a code, and knowing what bios will allow you to look up the beep code and find what the problem may be.
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo