1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Did I just fry my mobo or just my ram?!?!

I am running a compaq d310 pc...I tried putting some ram additional ram that was 128 mb into the 2nd slot...the first slot has 255mb....It didn't fit correctly at first then i wiggled it to a decent fit not realizing it didnt click...when i booted it gave me the old

1 short 2 long beeps which compaq designates as Ram problem. There also was a small burning smell...

When I boot up now with or without the ram in the socket it gives the same beep...Usually it starts up with no beeps then stops then starts and does the 1 short 2 long...

My question is; Should I buy new ram?? Or is it pointless and I should go and punch myself in the head! j/k...I'm hoping its not the mobo but just the ram itself...What do you guys think..thanks this is an emergency first time post!!
  3. No Profile Picture

hi buddy ur ram is not burned check ur 255 mb ram in both the slots may it works in second slot. and before u add a new ram in ur comp. plzz not that u shold buy the same size of ram which u r using in ur system. Eg. if ur using 255 mb of ram u should go for new 255 mb of ram.....
  5. No Profile Picture

So I put the ram in the two different slots....both give me no luck whatsoever...so did i burn my slots??? If so do I need a new MOBO???

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo