1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Computer wont boot after installing new RAM.

Ok im pretty nubish but ill try to describe my problem. I had 256mb of ram. The kind with 2 notches in it. I wanted to upgrade my RAM so i talked to the guy that built my computer. I figure he knows what kind to get me because he put the thing togehter. He got me two 512 cards with one notch (ddr i think). My MOBO has 2 black slots for the 2 notch cards and 2 red ones for the 1 notch cards. I pull my old card, snap the other two in securely and start it up. Everythign lights up and spins but "no signal" tp the montior. I Pull one out and try, no luck. I replace it with the other, still no luck. i stick the old 256 card in and everything is fine. here is some specs.

Intel P4 2.00ghz
    Bus-ISA AGP PCI USB i2c/SMbus
    System BIOS- America Megatrends Inc. 07.00t
    Mainboard-ECS M922
    Total Mem-256MB SDRAM
    Chipset Model- VIA VT8753 Apollo P4X266
    NVIDIA Ge Force4 MX 440

I am pretty sure i didnt damage the cards, so what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance,

matt
  3. No Profile Picture

same here
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by lipalot
    same here
    I would be very surprised if you have the same setup. Especially since this a 6 year old post. Look up the specs for your motherboard and verify that the ram you are trying to use is compatible.
  7. No Profile Picture

Unhappy very similar situation please help

i am running 2 512mb cards and my friend who built his pc at the same time i did gave me his 2 512mb cards. they are exactly the same. but i cant boot the system unless i take the extra cards out to only run my original ones. i'm running a dfi cfx3200-dr/g motherboard which has an error lcd on board which displays the code C1 for a few seconds then stays on C0 and nothing appears on my monitor. and yes i swapped all the cards around and mixed and matched but can only make 2 of the total 4 cards work at a time in slots 1 and 3 only.
    Last edited by kgindaheezy; February 3rd, 2010 at 06:13 AM. Reason: didn't want repeating answers of "his must have been broken"
  9. Contributing User

kgindaheey, are you yet another thread hijacker, or are you lipalot under a different name?

Regardless, does your PSU have enough power to support the additional ram. Have you looked up what the error codes you received mean?
  11. No Profile Picture

no im not lipalot or what ever

i really have this problem and i'm computer illiterate. i just set up on this forum a day ago looking for info on this problem. i've tried looking on an ati forum but it was all old and none of it had this specific scenario. if i cant find help on this forum, i will go elsewhere. i heard of resetting cmos, though i have no idea how to set it up after i do
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by kgindaheezy
    no im not lipalot or what ever
    No one posts on this thread for 6 years. Then a user by the name lipalot posts. That same day I respond and say I doubt you have the exact same setup. The next morning you post on this thread with the details of your setup. Can you understand why I was confused?

Originally Posted by kgindaheezy
    if i cant find help on this forum, i will go elsewhere. o
    I gave you a couple of suggestions but you don't seem to be accepting them.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo