1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile Computer wont boot up

Hi i need some help please on my problem. a few days ago i decidid to clean the case from dust and since i assambled it my self and even installed windows and much more for me was not a problem pulling of the plugs and wires . i cleaned all fans and i did not change anything like bios settings ram u anything else. all i did was i had a couple of tubes conectid them with the powersupply. after i swicthed on the computer it did turn on and evrything was working fans tubes but no signal on my monitor. turn it off and on again and work ok windows come up normally. so i tought it must be the power supply so i changed it with another one 450 watts. still the same thing. i changes the battrey removed the video card and ram and intalled them again and nothing. same thing. i went in bios tried to see if anything was not normal but everything was ok. i look on google for any solution but found nothing. my computer was working fine untill i decidid to clen inside the case.
    thease are my computer specifications
    3.2 intel cpu
    asus mbo p4s800d
    1 giga ram pc400mhz
    msi 256 video card
    dvdrw
    thermaltake case with 7 fans and 2 tubes conectid
    450 watts power supply
    5.1 sound card
    200 giga hard disk

i would really apriciate some help on this one please.
    thank you all.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by lifemen
    i went in bios tried to see if anything was not normal but everything was ok.
    i'm curious to how you looked at the bios without a monitor? The above statement leads me to think you either switched out monitors and the other one worked, in which case your monitor is broken. Or that you used an integrated graphics card instead of the one you added. In which case your graphics card is either broken or you forgot to plug in the power connector to it.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up computer wont boot up

Hi thank you for your reply. when the comuter is been swicthed on and off and one again the monitor works fine so i can see the bios but now i found out what the problem was i think.... any way it worked for me.
    here is what i did. i cheaked the ram and i had 1 x 4 256ddr1 pc 3200 but one of them was pc 400mhz instead so i just changed it with another one pc 3200mhz and now all is working just fine.
    hope this will help... and thank you for your help too...
    cheers

Originally Posted by lifemen
    Hi i need some help please on my problem. a few days ago i decidid to clean the case from dust and since i assambled it my self and even installed windows and much more for me was not a problem pulling of the plugs and wires . i cleaned all fans and i did not change anything like bios settings ram u anything else. all i did was i had a couple of tubes conectid them with the powersupply. after i swicthed on the computer it did turn on and evrything was working fans tubes but no signal on my monitor. turn it off and on again and work ok windows come up normally. so i tought it must be the power supply so i changed it with another one 450 watts. still the same thing. i changes the battrey removed the video card and ram and intalled them again and nothing. same thing. i went in bios tried to see if anything was not normal but everything was ok. i look on google for any solution but found nothing. my computer was working fine untill i decidid to clen inside the case.
    thease are my computer specifications
    3.2 intel cpu
    asus mbo p4s800d
    1 giga ram pc400mhz
    msi 256 video card
    dvdrw
    thermaltake case with 7 fans and 2 tubes conectid
    450 watts power supply
    5.1 sound card
    200 giga hard disk

i would really apriciate some help on this one please.
    thank you all.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo