1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

SATA and Serial port

Hello,

I have a motherboard (P5GL-MX Asus) that can support serial and sata hdd. My current HDD is using serial port and I'm just wondering if anyone, who had the experienced installing both different hdd ports on the same box, point me into the right direction.

Will a SATA and a Serial port ideal on the same box?

Regards,
    peek
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by peek
    Hello,

I have a motherboard (P5GL-MX Asus) that can support serial and sata hdd. My current HDD is using serial port and I'm just wondering if anyone, who had the experienced installing both different hdd ports on the same box, point me into the right direction.

Will a SATA and a Serial port ideal on the same box?

Regards,
    peek
    I think you mean your motherboard supports Serial ATA (SATA) hard drives. The other kind your motherboard supports is a UDMA port which is the standard IDE connector.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by hiker
    I think you mean your motherboard supports Serial ATA (SATA) hard drives. The other kind your motherboard supports is a UDMA port which is the standard IDE connector.
    Hi hiker, yes, that is what I mean. My motherboard both support SATA and UDMA.
    Will my motherboard still works when these types of HDD (SATA & UDMA) installed simultaneously?
  7. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by peek
    Hi hiker, yes, that is what I mean. My motherboard both support SATA and UDMA.
    Will my motherboard still works when these types of HDD (SATA & UDMA) installed simultaneously?
    Yes.. although I would stick with just SATA for hard drives, and then maybe just use the UDMA for a cd/dvd drive.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo