1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

MS SQL Nightmare

I am working for an Australian company that is using a program called Recfind and Recquery for our filing and document tracking purposes. We are in the process of migrating from Dual Celeron's to Dual Xeon servers.

We are going from SQL 7 to SQL 2000.

When I try to Export Data through the Enterprise Manager all goes well and all the data transfers to the new server. The issue is that we cannot assign a username to the exported data on the new server with the same name as the user on the old server. It seems to be importing the username and its relationships but not actually making the username!

We are in a fix as if we cannot access the data on the new server then we won't be able to fully migrate.

I hope someone out there has had this problem before and can give some advice! If you are in Australia maybe we can talk on the phone? Email me for my number: lloyd@sbdc.com.au

Thanks,

Lloyd
    SBDC
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Yea I've had this problem. I just import everything but the permissions, then created them manually on the new database.

In the DTS wizard, when you get to the screen "Select Objects to Copy", uncheck the box "Use Default Options" then click the button "Options". Then uncheck "Copy database users and database roles" and "Copy object-level permissions".

Matt.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo