1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition

I just purchased this SQL Server 2005 and have it installed. I then downloaded and installed SP4. But when I try to connect to a database I get an error: "Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error 40 Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, error 53) I have purchased a book from Amazon, paid express shipment charge, but it has not arrived yet. It covers Installation and Maintenance of SQL Server 2005. How do I correct these two errors? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition.

Originally Posted by JRichards54
    I just purchased this SQL Server 2005 and have it installed. I then downloaded and installed SP4. But when I try to connect to a database I get an error: "Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error 40 Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, error 53) I have purchased a book from Amazon, paid express shipment charge, but it has not arrived yet. It covers Installation and Maintenance of SQL Server 2005. How do I correct these two errors? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    MODERATOR: Will you please move this thread to: Discuss SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition in the MS SQL Development forum on Dev Shed. Thanks

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo